Yolobus passengers have a right to a safe and comfortable ride from the beginning to the end of their trip. Each YOLOBUS passenger also has a responsibility to be respectful of each other, Yolobus drivers, and Yolobus equipment. The rules below apply to all persons riding Yolobus or using Yolobus facilities.
Passengers can inform the driver of any problem they are having with other passengers, or anyone at a bus stop/transfer station, and the driver will provide or call for assistance.
Passengers may not be aware that there are sections in the California Penal Code (PC) that cover violations on transit buses and/or transit facilities. Failure to comply can result in a citation from local law enforcement, or other authorized official, an extended removal/expulsion from the bus, and/or arrest.
- Pay your fare, have your pass or student ID ready upon boarding operators cannot give change
Properly secure bicycles to bicycle racks.
from the curbside of the bus. Yolobus is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen bicycles. “Jump” electric assist bikes and “Jump” electric assist scooters, and similar devices, are not allowed on the bus bike racks due to the weight of these devices or the design of the bike racks
- Foldable bikes and foot scooters are allowed on board if they are small enough to be safely stored between seats.
- Bring on board only what you can carry in one boarding trip, you can keep in control while the bus is in motion, and keep the aisles clear.
- Fold strollers, carts, and other foldable objects prior to boarding
- Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop. If you must stand, always hold on to a support.
- Give priority seating to seniors and persons with disabilities near the front of bus
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear while on the bus
- Keep food and drinks unopened in sealed containers while on the bus
- Be courteous to others-refrain from having loud and/or vulgar conversations on the bus, including cellular phone conversations
- Report any suspicious items or activities immediately to the operator or call Yolobus
- Help keep buses and bus stops clean by using trash and recycling receptacles.
Quietly enjoy electronic devices,
If such devices produce noise, headphones or earbuds should be used; however, we are not responsible if you miss your bus stop because you are distracted, or your listening device keeps you from hearing driver announcements.
Keep Mobility Aids or Devices* properly stowed or secured
Most mobility aids or devices (e.g., walkers, canes, crutches, scooters, etc.) can be accommodated on the bus, subject to limitations established by the bus, wheelchair ramp and lift manufacturers, as well as wheelchair tie-down manufacturers.
DO NOT eat, drink, or smoke on the bus
Exception: A passenger may drink a non-alcoholic beverage if it is in a spill-proof container (e.g., drink cans with pop tops and soft drinks in fast-food cups with flimsy lids are NOT allowed, because they are prone to spilling).
- DO NOT bring animals on the bus except service animals
- DO NOT carry weapons or any dangerous, flammable, hazardous or illegal items that can cause a hazard or inconvenience, including car batteries or gasoline
- DO NOT commit any act or engage in any behavior that may cause harm, damage, or disturbance to any person or property.
- DO NOT talk to or otherwise distract the operator while the bus is in motion
- DO NOT solicit, panhandle, advertise, make unreasonable announcements, or create unsanitary conditions on the buses or at bus stops
- DO NOT leave children unattended or let them run in the bus It is strongly recommended that children 11 and under ride with someone age 12 or over.
- DO NOT extend any portion of the body or objects through any window or opening of the bus
- DO NOT stand on a skateboard, ride a scooter, wear in-line or roller skates in the bus. Keep sporting goods equipment stowed, secured, and clear of the aisles
- DO NOT run after the bus after it has left its stop. Yolobus may pick up and drop off passengers at designated bus stops only.
- DO NOT offer gifts or gratuities (food, drink, money, services, etc) to the operator
- DO NOT walk in front of the bus after disembarking. If you need to remove your bicycle, notify the operator as you leave.
For your safety, please cooperate with your operator in every way possible. Yolobus may refuse service to persons who do not abide by these rules. Failure to comply with any of these rules while on Yolobus property may violate one or more of the following: California Penal Codes (CPC) 594 or 640, or Public Utilities Code (PUC) 99170. *